Monday 6 August 2012

From Outback Australia to Bali - why not!


In Bali now!

I am sitting in a Balanese resort watching the lovliest Indian wedding on the beach. Its not something I was planning on doing but my hotel balcony allows me to sticky nose all I like at this event. They are playing Sting’s  “Fields of Gold” and there are about 12 bridesmaids all dressed in some shade of lemon – all different. There are so many bridesmaids! I wonder if the bride needed a role call before going out to make sure they were all there! There was also a flower girl – doing what a flower girl should do – throw flowers on the ground before the bride. However, the wind took them and showered them on surrounding tourists sitting on banana lounges, trying to improve on their sunburn from the day before. This is the Western style ceremony of English Indians. The proper Indian ceremony is tomorrow. They do get married good and proper these Indians!
The pretty isle for the
English Indian wedding


Actually I met the bride and her group in the hallway near our room door. We actually had to excuse ourselves to get past as they took up the whole hallway. The bride was having a hard time with a veil that was getting in the way being blown around in the morning breeze. Being an Indian Wedding I didn’t expect the girls to have a cockney English accent – but there you go. I just said to them ‘good luck and have a great day’. How could you not – every bride deserves a lovely wedding day.  I thought of my sister and her wedding coming up in November.

The wind is not as strong as it has been on other days and there is a blue sky and the sun is shining. The bride must love yellow as there is yellow everywhere in the decorations.
The chapel by the sea all decked out in yellow everything
it looked so pretty and romantic!

Its an interesting holiday this one. One minute we are in the outback of Australia and the next thing slothing it out at a 5 star resort in another country! If you had told me our one month off would end there I would have looked at you funny. (mind you I’m funny looking anyway) The outback will have to wait until we have our own caravan more suited to being punished by us. Then if it falls apart its our problem!
Every nice bride deserves a wonderful wedding
Little touches like this bike thingy makes everything
 look perfect. You'd want a skinny bride and to be pretty
fit to pedal it though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment