Friday 10 August 2012

The last bit of the Holiday

Elephant fountains at the entrance to our resort

This is the sad part. It is with teary eyes that we face the prospect of going home to dear cold Canberra – to work – to the cleaning up of the camping gear and washing of the car… but at least the ironing was up to date when I left the second time!!


We don’t fly out of Denpasar until 11pm their time which is 1am our time – by which case I will be sleep walking for sure!

Going home from a holiday always sucks in my opinion – unless you are going on another one shortly after or are retired or really rich and don’t have to work anyway. All of these scenarios don’t apply to us.

We will leave the resort about 8pm as the airport is half an hours drive and have booked our trusty driver to get us there. His name is Agung (pronounced Agoong). He has been driving us around to Kuta and yesterday to our quest to find a bit more shopping. Its so posh, he waits for us and then we hop in his car and he drives us somewhere else. Our own personal driver for 3 hours. Anyway it took us about 4 dodgy ones to find him so when you get a good one – you look after them.

However our current problem is to amuse ourselves for the rest of the day. We had to vacate our room by 12pm and are free to make use of the facilities. They do give you a shower room to clean up before you get your travelling clothes on but I have been in these rooms in other resorts before and they are usually grotty. You don’t know whether its been cleaned from the last person - who could have had disgusting feet growing catchable feet warts  or something so we elected to do our swimming and stuff in the morning and shower in our bathroom before we had to leave. The luggage is now in storage and we are free to roam.

There isn’t much to do when you have to hang around all day waiting for a flight.  Its not as relaxing as other days as you know you have to be somewhere and sit on a plane soon.

We could have caught the free bus into the Bali Collection but we have now seen everything there too.

We found the lounge bar and have taken up residence there for the day. I have started a tab so we can at least drink things alcoholic or not – well I do – Greg is still on his ‘don’t drink much’ thing. I wish he would get back to normal all this not drinking and feeling tired all the time is really boring after 8 months – and there is no end in sight. I was hoping that this holiday of sitting around and him doing nothing much would make some headway but no. Now as well as sleeping in for half the day he has an afternoon nap too. Thank goodness I bought the laptop and started a blog or I would be climbing the walls. There is only so much exercise you can do in a day and complete strangers to annoy.

I planned on going for a run this morning but slept in and it was too hot by the time I got up so I went to the gym instead. I needed to do my abs and back exercises anyway. I wiled away an hour there and did a cross trainer workout for something different before returning to the room hoping to find Greg awake and ready to go. He was still snoring soundly so I changed into swimmers and hit the pool.

Yes hit the pool literally because all the children who snaffle the surf boards through the day are having breakfast or something and they are not in the pool so the surfboards (cheap versions of boogie boards) are free so I could play with them at will. So right in front of where sensible people are having breakfast at the 6 foot deep pool, I stacked two boards on top of one another and then pushed them out from the edge, took a run up and tried to go ‘surfing’. I promptly fell straight off with a big splash - but it didn't deter me from trying again - and again. It was actually quite fun to be really silly however after about 8 attempts to keep my balance I got tired and gave up. By which time husband was up and I was hungry so we tidied ourselves up and went for our last breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment