Tuesday 7 August 2012

Life in the resort - its really tough!


Even comes with free entertainment here!
First day we were here we returned from our meal at the Bali Collection (the old Galeria) and although really tired were greeted by the sound of a lady who could really sing. She tottered on stage on the highest pair of green heels I have ever seen. I thought she was going to fall at any moment. If we hadn’t been walking zombies from being tired we would have stayed to listen. It didn’t really matter as our room is so close to the main venue that we could hear her plain as day from our bedroom. The second night however when we had a little more energy they had a bloke who could not sing for sour apples so we had to turn the telly on in our room to drown him out.
The view from the pool to the sea


Breakfast is thrown in so every morning we go to breakfast. Bali is 2 hours behind us which suits me, I can get up at 8am which is 6am here, have a run, get back, shower and have breakfast at their 8am which is our 10am in which case its brunch to me!

The Breakfast buffet also have heaps of choices including salad and cold meat, pastries and the normal things you’d find in an international hotel as well as a fruit platter. After stuffing ourselves so we don’t have to buy lunch, we waddle back to our room and organise ourselves for the day. Usually a walk somewhere followed by some sitting somewhere else until I get restless and then I leave Greg sitting and go and see what else I can get up to.

Today I went for a swim up to the swim up bar – which has a very ordinary list of cocktails but I met a nice couple from Perth who have never been out of W A much and never overseas. They also recently bought an A Van which they are enjoying except for putting up the annexe which has caused them some grief. Caravanning conversations happen when you least expect it!

By the time Greg found me I had pruney feet from standing waist high in water whilst chatting but he was astounded as I didn’t have a cocktail in my hand. Hows that for will power!  Actually a few nights ago we went out for dinner and I found cocktails for $5 AUD. The resort ones are much more expensive and I’m feeling like it’s a bit too much of an indulgence at this stage. However with my duty free grog running out, I might have to endulge!

The good thing about this part of the holiday is that its hot. I haven’t once had to wear a beanie to bed and I don’t have to put a coat and ugg boots on to go to the toilet at night. The people are not as friendly though, mind you its an international melting pot. There are people from just about everywhere – some don’t speak much English.  However, there are a few people we have managed to chat to. There is a couple a few doors down called Sue and Grant. He works for the mines and she is an artist. Great fun folk. There is also a family next door who come from Ireland but are living in Malaysia and hope to come to Australia. He is in the building game. Also lovely people. Their kids are so quiet you wouldn’t know they had any. The baby is 20 months and their little girl about 5 or 6.
The view down Nusa Dua beach. In the distance you can see the
little peninsula - green mass jutting out. Thats where I run to every second day.
Well run/walk its quite far and also very hot and I'm not that fit!

Still if we were camping we would know everyone by now as its hard to even get to the laundry room from your camp without being stopped for a chat. Its really nice unless you are in a hurry. Two totally different holidays in one. I wonder how many other people have done this?

No comments:

Post a Comment